2023 Together - PP209P - CDI, Medical, and Financial Leaders Peer-to-Peer Meeting
Effective clinical documentation improvement or integrity (CDI) programs are at the forefront of hospital data. This session will examine how CDI teams can go beyond traditional CDI reviews while continuing to maximize reimbursement and improve data quality.
- Healthcare Executives
- Healthcare Quality Professionals
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Other Healthcare Professionals
- Explain successful strategies to facilitate improved documentation by targeting specific diagnosis opportunities at the service line level.
- Describe a multidisciplinary approach to track, trend and enumerate the value of CDI, coding and quality partners in the PSI-90 exclusion process within a complex, multihospital health system.
- Explain steps in identifying hospital-acquired conditions (HAC) and perioperative complications.
Aubrie Booth, MSN, RN, CCDS, CCMC, CDI Nurse Manager Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC)
Abdul Rehman, MD, MPH, Performance Improvement Clinical Specialist
Mohamed Rami Nakeshbandi, MD, MHA, FACP, Chief Quality Officer
Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE)
This activity was planned by, and for, the healthcare team, and learners will receive 1.75 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change.
- 1.75 ACHE
- 1.75 ACPE Pharmacist
- 1.75 ACPE Pharmacy Technician
- 1.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.75 ANCC
- 1.75 CPHQ – Certified Professional Healthcare Quality
- 1.75 General CE – Attendance
- 1.75 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE)