2023 Together - NA359 - Supply Chain: The Key to Successful Integrations
As a group, this panel has decades of healthcare experience and other supply chain-related industries. Across the business spectrum, integration after merger and acquisition (M&A) has become one of the most important projects a group can undertake. And while the financial side is generally the driver, supply chain is the most integral. The Harvard Business Review reported that between 70% and 90% of acquisitions fail.1 The M&A trend is to quickly transition supply chain activities into the acquiring healthcare organization, but there are several pitfalls to consider before blindly absorbing supply chain functions. Some private-equity backed acquisition groups don’t fully understand the importance of complete integration by ensuring supply chain is an integral part of the process. It is imperative for any acquisition group to understand the supply chain requirements, as well as the challenges, in performing a successful integration.
- Healthcare Quality Professionals
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Other Healthcare Professionals
- Identify supply chain-related barriers related to acquisitions.
- Describe successful strategies to integrate supply chain activities following merger or acquisition.
Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE)
This activity was planned by, and for, the healthcare team, and learners will receive .75 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change.
- 0.75 ACPE Pharmacist
- 0.75 ACPE Pharmacy Technician
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 0.75 ANCC
- 0.75 CPHQ – Certified Professional Healthcare Quality
- 0.75 General CE – Attendance
- 0.75 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE)