2023 Together - IE223 - Supply Chain 360: An Assessment Journey Toward Best Practice
During times of change and as a general health check, Vizient provided a 360-degree supply chain assessment that allowed leaders to prioritize areas that could be improved to meet established best practice indicators. Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center (PVHMC) took advantage of this service, resulting in a revised supply chain organizational chart, including a new contracts division and a multimillion savings initiative. PVHMC was able to implement these initiatives while enriching associate relationships and gaining senior leadership support. Join us for an executive-level discussion as PVHMC provides strategies for incorporating a Vizient assessment as a foundational tool in navigating the process to achieve best practice.
- Healthcare Quality Professionals
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Other Healthcare Professionals
- Identify ways to enhance Associate engagement and growth during times of change.
- Describe how to implement a performance improvement model and best practice indicators.
- Explain utilization review and best practice applications to all areas of the Supply Chain.
Michael Vestino, DrPH, MHA, EML, FACHE, Vice President, Support Services & Master Planning, Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center, Pomona, Calif.
Michelle L. Medel, BA, Director, Supply Chain, Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center, Pomona, Calif.
Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE)
This activity was planned by, and for, the healthcare team, and learners will receive .75 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change.
- 0.75 ACPE Pharmacist
- 0.75 ACPE Pharmacy Technician
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 0.75 ANCC
- 0.75 CPHQ – Certified Professional Healthcare Quality
- 0.75 General CE – Attendance
- 0.75 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE)