2023 Together - IE221 - Establishing a High-Reliability Frame of Mind: The Continuous Journey (Part 2 of 2)
A just culture promotes a fair and balanced approach to managing safety in high-risk industries such as healthcare. Accountability, learning and improvement are critical components. This session will include a moderated panel of clinical leaders that will discuss the benefits of a framework for establishing a just culture that can be used every day on the front line, as well as lessons learned from successful efforts to improve engagement, culture and — most importantly — patient outcomes.
- Healthcare Quality Professionals
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Other Healthcare Professionals
- Explain how to deploy a “Just Culture” framework.
- Outline the structure of a collaborative case review committee grounded in Just Culture.
- Describe the process to establish a standard collaborative case review process across all departments in an institution.
Mangla S Gulati, MD, FACP, SFHM, Chief Quality and Safety Officer, MedStar Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC (formerly at University of Maryland Medical Center)
Jason Custer, MD, Vice Chair of Quality and Safety - Department of Pediatrics Division Head - Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, Director of Patient Safety, Director of Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, Md.
Margo Murphy, MBA, Program Manager, Division of Quality and Safety, University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, Md.
Jennifer Wiler, MD, MBA, FACEP, Chief Quality Officer, Metro, University of Colorado Hospital, Aurora, Colo.
Elyse Bueno, MS, APRN, ACCNS-AG, NE-BC, Senior Director Clinical Quality and Patient Safety, University of Colorado Hospital, Aurora, Colo.
Alyson D. Kelleher, RN, BSN, CCRN-K, CPHQ, Manager of Clinical Quality, University of Colorado Hospital, Aurora, Colo.
Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE)
This activity was planned by, and for, the healthcare team, and learners will receive .75 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change.
- 0.75 ACPE Pharmacist
- 0.75 ACPE Pharmacy Technician
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 0.75 ANCC
- 0.75 CPHQ – Certified Professional Healthcare Quality
- 0.75 General CE – Attendance
- 0.75 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE)