From a Low to All Under Control: A Vancomycin Story
This CE activity will help summarize the current guidance on AUC/MIC monitoring of vancomycin and help pharmacist understand the rationale for the transition from trough monitoring to AUC/MIC monitoring.
- Describe the clinical applications of the recommendations from the revised consensus guidelines for vancomycin
- Apply AUC-guided dosing and monitoring pragmatically in special populations
- List the advantages and disadvantages of the various methods for AUC/MIC estimation
- Recognize pharmacy’s role in the pharmacokinetic monitoring of vancomycin
Pharmacists/ Pharmacy Technicians
Upon closing of the online evaluation, Vizient will report your CE credits directly to CPE monitor within 60 days.
- After the course close date, Vizient will no longer be able to report credit(s) to CPE monitor.
- It is the responsibility of the pharmacist or pharmacy technician to ensure that your Vizient CE Learner Profile has the correct NABP e-profile ID and DOB (in MMDD format) to receive credit for participating in the activity.
- To track the status of the submission of your credits to NABP: please check the Reported Credit Tab in your Vizient CE account.
- To verify your credits were successfully submitted to NABP before the deadline: please check your NABP e-Profile account.
- For all other questions regarding your NABP e-Profile or CPE Monitor, please contact NABP directly.
- 1.00 ACPE Pharmacist
- 1.00 ACPE Pharmacy Technician