Four Strategies for Drug Diversion Detection and Prevention
Software programs designed to detect drug diversion are relatively novel. This is an area many health-systems are learning and expanding in. There are various tools, program structures, and processes for drug diversion surveillance. There is an opportunity to have 4 health-systems present 4 different approaches to increasing the detection of diversion and share their experiences.
- Pharmacy Technician
- Review controlled substance monitoring program at a community hospital and an academic medical center
- Describe a corporate compliance-based model for drug diversion detection
- Assess potential challenges for implementing extensive controlled substance monitoring program at an institution
- Discuss implementation and utilization of third-party software for prevention of drug diversion
Absence of Relevant Financial Relationships
Pharmacists/ Pharmacy Technicians
- After the course close date, Vizient will no longer be able to report credit(s) to CPE monitor.
- It is the responsibility of the pharmacist or pharmacy technician to ensure that your Vizient CE Learner Profile has the correct NABP e-profile ID and DOB (in MMDD format) to receive credit for participating in the activity.
- To track the status of the submission of your credits to NABP: please check the Reported Credit Tab in your Vizient CE account.
- To verify your credits were successfully submitted to NABP before the deadline: please check your NABP e-Profile account.
- For all other questions regarding your NABP e-Profile or CPE Monitor, please contact NABP directly.
- 1.00 ACPE Pharmacist
- 1.00 ACPE Pharmacy Technician