Current Challenges to Health-System Formulary Management
Participants will hear from six subject matter experts on a wide variety of topics. They will have a chance to raise questions and/or provide comments based on their own experiences and gain knowledge from each other during the presentations as well as during formal and informal networking opportunities. Participants have met many times in the past and have a high comfort level in sharing with each other.
This activity is intended for pharmacists.
At the conclusion of the activity participants should be able to:
- Describe the formulary process including:
- Goals and functions of a well-managed formulary
- Formulary decision-making and management strategies
- Describe the impact of the following challenges to health-system formulary policy and management, and identify potential solutions to address each:
- Drug Shortages
- Patient’s own medications
- Multi-hospital health system formularies
- Outpatient services
- 503B compounded therapies
- COVID-19 and unprecedented public health crises
- Explain the role of the Pharmacy Department, pharmacists, and other key stakeholders in the formulary decision-making and maintenance process.
|Helpful Tips for Users - Vizient CE System.pdf||134.81 KB|
|HP3 Annual Meeting - Information for CE Credit - Live.docx||125.18 KB|
Here is the information to book your hotel room: Room rates are $169.00, and the cut-off date to receive the contracted pricing is JULY 20. We suggest you make your reservation as soon as possible. You can change or cancel your reservation later if need be.
Reserve your Hotel Room online, or call (918) 779-4445 and mention Vizient HP3.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 968 0924 4873
Dial in: (888) 788-0099 or (833) 548-0282
Absence of Relevant Financial Relationships
None of the planners for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
Mark A. Ninno, PharmD
Senior Consulting Solutions Director
Alpi Gandhi, PharmD, BCPS
Pharmacy Executive Director
Joint Accreditation Statement:
In support of improving patient care, Vizient, Inc. is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Vizient, Inc. designates this activity for a maximum of 1.00 ACPE credit hours.
- 1.00 ACPE Pharmacist