Best Practices for Managing High Cost Medications – Formulary Management
The purpose of this webinar is to equip pharmacy leaders to better effectively utilize formulary management strategies to manage high-cost medications at their respective institutions. This webinar is the second webinar in a five-webinar series and was inspired by the white paper entitles “Best Practices for Managing High-Cost Medications” that was published earlier this year. Our speakers are experts in the field of formulary management, and will draw upon their experiences to provide unique tools for pharmacy leaders.
- Explain the formulary review process with high-cost medications through the Pharmacy and Therapeutics (P&T) Committee
- Apply formulary management principles when assigning formulary designations
- Analyze patient care and procurement considerations when assigning formulary stock status
- Assess management and financial approaches when applying institutional restrictions on formulary medications
- Recognize strategies for monitoring adherence to institutional guidelines for medication utilization
- 1.00 ACPE Pharmacist