Behavioral Health Leadership Series - Managing Behavioral Health Needs During and After the COVID-19 Pandemic
This program will offer attendees the opportunity to learn how their healthcare organization can support the behavioral health needs of frontline staff during the COVID-19 pandemic. Attendees will also be able to discuss with experts how behavioral health in their different markets is being impacted by COVID-19, as well as what the future demand will be in their communities and healthcare organizations.
- Describe how providers are supporting the behavioral health needs of frontline staff
- Summarize how COVID-19 is impacting demand for behavioral health services in different markets
- Explain the future demand for behavioral health services in the ED, IP, and OP care settings as communities and providers recover from the pandemic
Joint Accreditation Statement:
In support of improving patient care, Vizient, Inc. is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
This activity is designated for 1.00 contact hours.
Vizient, Inc. is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP12580, for 1.20 contact hours.
Vizient, Inc. designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Vizient, Inc. will award CEUs to each participant who successfully completes this program. The CEU is a nationally recognized unit of measure for continuing education and training programs that meet certain criteria (1 contact hour = 0.1 CEU).
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC
- 1.20 CBRN
- 1.00 General CE – Attendance