Advancements in Inhaler Technology for Improved Adherence
This presentation will review the history of inhaler technology and how far we have come since the beginning of inhaler use. It will review the currently used products available and their influence on adherence in asthmatic patients and how the more commonly used products measure up to the newest technology available.
- Pharmacy technicians
Pharmacist learning objectives
- Compare the cost of the Digihaler versus other healthcare costs associated with asthma exacerbations.
- Identify the features of the Dighaler that influence adherence to inhaler therapy.
- Discuss the role of pharmacists on improving patient adherence to asthma therapy in relation to improvements in technology.
Pharmacy technician learning objectives
- Compare and contrast the Digihaler to the Respiclick inhaler.
- Describe the different types of inhaler models available for asthma patients.
- Discuss the barriers of adherence associated with asthma inhalers.
- 1.00 ACPE Pharmacist
- 1.00 ACPE Pharmacy Technician
- 1.00 General CEU – Attendance