2022 PSO Topical Safety Webinar Series - Mislabeled Specimens
The 2022 PSO Topical Safety Webinar series includes safety issues and associated interventions and approaches for identifying and preventing adverse events and patient harm. Subject matter experts share leading practices, process improvement strategies for mitigating risk and reducing harm, and metrics for monitoring improvement.
1. Discuss the environment related to human factors and impact of mislabeled specimens
2. Identify tools and practices that prevent solutions from failing and aid in sustaining great results using key quality characteristics that result in reliable healthcare
3. Describe the process for implementing the Final Check process
4. Discuss implementing process changes into standard work and ongoing surveillance to maintain awareness and prevent mislabeled specimens
Relevant financial relationships: Planning committee members and presenters have nothing to disclose.
Planning committee members
Ellen Flynn, RN, MBA, JD, CPPS
AVP, PSO Program
Tammy Williams, MSN, RN, CPPS
Kathryn Merkeley, MHSA, RN, PMP, CPPS
Jay Prystowski, MD, MBA
James Lichauer, Pharm.D., BCPS, FASHP
PI Program Director Pharmacy
Ashley Brown, RN, BSN
Manager of Quality and Reliability
Shelly Tanner, RN, BHS, MSHL
Director of Risk Management & Claims
Ronald Daughtry, MS, SSBB
Joint Accreditation Statement:
In support of improving patient care, Vizient, Inc. is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
This activity is designated for 1.00 contact hours.
Vizient, Inc. is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP12580, for 1.20 contact hours.
Vizient, Inc. designates this activity for a maximum of 1.00 ACPE credit hours.
Universal Activity Number: JA0006103-0000-22-106-L05-P
Vizient, Inc. designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Vizient, Inc. will award CEUs to each participant who successfully completes this program. The CEU is a nationally recognized unit of measure for continuing education and training programs that meet certain criteria (1 contact hour = 0.1 CEU).
- 1.00 ACPE Pharmacist
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC
- 1.20 CBRN
- 1.00 General CEU – Attendance