2022 Fundamental Accreditation Series - Medical Staff: Sedation
This activity will provide the participants an opportunity to learn from experts in the field. This webinar will provide examples of the challenges and successful implementation and mitigation strategies of sedation regulatory / accreditation rules and standards, how to drill down to uncover the barriers to being successful and how to maintain the gains.
1. Identify one expectation of regulatory / accreditation requirements for sedation.
2. Describe effectively a current process to meet the regulatory / accreditation requirements for sedation.
3. Describe how addressing the regulatory / accreditation requirements for sedation using a recommended strategy positions organization for effective and reliable delivery of safe, high quality patient care.
Relevant financial relationships: Planning committee members and presenters have nothing to disclose.
Planning committee members
Natalie Webb, MHA, RN, CPHQ
Diana Scott, MHA, RN, CPHQ
Associate VP Accreditation Advisory Services
Robert Durkee, MHA, RN, FACHE
Senior Director Accreditation Advisory Services
Susie Cymbor, M.D
Physician Accreditation Advisor
Joint Accreditation Statement:
In support of improving patient care, Vizient, Inc. is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
This activity is designated for 1.00 contact hours.
Vizient, Inc. is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP12580, for 1.20 contact hours.
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR HEALTHCARE QUALITY
This program has been approved by the National Association for Healthcare Quality for a maximum of 1.00 CPHQ continuing education credits for this event.
Vizient, Inc. will award CEUs to each participant who successfully completes this program. The CEU is a nationally recognized unit of measure for continuing education and training programs that meet certain criteria (1 contact hour = 0.1 CEU).
- 1.00 ANCC
- 1.20 CBRN
- 1.00 CPHQ – Certified Professional Healthcare Quality
- 1.00 General CEU – Attendance