Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency ProgramTM Coordinator Call - CCNE Accreditation Standards and Journey
This presentation will provide talking points for accreditation that coordinators can bring back to their leadership and the standards, steps, and resources that coordinators need to get started and prepare their programs. The second half of the presentation is from CCNE accredited NRP Coordinators who will be sharing tips, tools for staying organized, and their experiences with the CCNE accreditation and re-accreditation process.
1. Identify the documents foundational to the CCNE accreditation process.
2. Identify CCNE resources to support their institutions throughout the CCNE accreditation journey.
3. Discuss the steps in the CCNE accreditation process.
4. Describe how an organization can obtain Nurse Residency Program accreditation through CCNE.
5. Identify successful strategies that can be used for Nurse Residency Program accreditation.
Relevant financial relationships: Planning committee members and presenters have nothing to disclose.
Planning committee members
Meg Ingram, MSN, RN
Programmatic Advisor, Director
Catherine Ivash, DNP, APRN, CNS, RN, BC-NPD
The University of Texas Medical Branch
Benjamin Murray, MPA
Deputy Executive Director
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
Joint Accreditation Statement:
In support of improving patient care, Vizient, Inc. is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
This activity is designated for 1.00 contact hours.
Vizient, Inc. is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP12580, for 1.20 contact hours.
- 1.00 ANCC
- 1.20 CBRN