Vizient Southern States Opioid Stewardship Cohort – Exploring Alternatives to Pain Management: Innovative Non-Pharmacological Responses to the Opioid Epidemic
This offering will provide insight from a leading practice organization who has designed and implemented a successful pain management program that is a non-pharmacologic approach. A roadmap for evaluating current status to plan and/or improve on a current pain management program that includes alternatives in treatment will be included. Case studies as well as lessons learned along with outcomes management will be shared. Experts will be available to field questions, address challenges and help participants identify next steps for their organizations.
1:15 pm –2:30 pm
08/13/2019 - Vizient Southern States Opioid Stewardship Cohort – Exploring Alternatives to Pain Management: Innovative Non-Pharmacological Responses to the Opioid Epidemic
Bert Lindsey, BS, PT
Ashley Wilson, PharmD
Jay Morange. DPT, PT
- Differentiate between opioid naïve/opioid tolerant and acute/chronic pain classifications
- Identify treatment options for pain in opioid naïve and opioid tolerant patients
- Describe examples of effective alternative treatment modalities provided by physical therapy and multimodal analgesic regimens
- State the correlation between catastrophizing, as a type of cognitive dissonance, to opioid tolerant behavior
- Outline the first steps to successful implementation of an alternative pain management program
Joint Accreditation Statement:
In support of improving patient care, Vizient, Inc. is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Vizient, Inc. designates this activity for a maximum of 1.25 ACPE credit hours. Universal Activity Number: JA0006103-0000-19-119-L05-P
Vizient, Inc. designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Vizient, Inc. will award CEUs to each participant who successfully completes this program. The CEU is a nationally recognized unit of measure for continuing education and training programs that meet certain criteria (1 contact hour = 0.1 CEU).
- 1.25 ACPE Pharmacy
- 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.25 ANCC
- 1.50 CBRN
- 1.25 General CEU – Attendance