Vizient PSO Topical Safety Web Conference Series - Treating substance use disorder in hospitals: engaging people and changing systems
Subject matter expert will share with participants leading practices in treatment for opioid use disorder in the inpatient setting.
1. Discuss hospitalization as a reachable moment to initiate and coordinate addictions care.
2. Describe an array of approaches to hospital addictions care including addiction consult services, workforce development (ECHO), and hospital-community partnerships.
3. Discuss lessons learned and identify opportunities for improving practices.
Joint Accreditation Statement:
In support of improving patient care, Vizient, Inc. is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
This program is designated for 1.00 hours.
Vizient, Inc. is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP12580, for 1.20 contact hours.
Vizient, Inc. designates this activity for a maximum of 1.00 ACPE credit hours.
Universal Activity Number: JA0006103-0000-20-174-L05-P
Vizient, Inc. designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Vizient, Inc. will award CEUs to each participant who successfully completes this program. The CEU is a nationally recognized unit of measure for continuing education and training programs that meet certain criteria (1 contact hour = 0.1 CEU).
- 1.00 ACPE Pharmacist
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC
- 1.20 CBRN
- 1.00 General CE – Attendance