Vizient Legal and Compliance Network Meeting 2021 - Third-Party APIs Requesting Direct EMR Access - Network Roundtable: Data Governance
To address the challenges previously laid out, legal and compliance leaders must work together and across the “silos” of a health system to remain maintain compliance and reduce organizational legal and compliance risk. This meeting will offer participants the opportunity to learn from successful, multidisciplinary, professional healthcare leaders and pioneers, and to use these learnings, lessons, and innovations to enhance performance at each attendee’s respective hospital.
1. Present best practices for evaluating and implementing policies and procedures for compliance and legal issues in the academic medical center and large health system environment.
2. Discuss how organizations are addressing critical legal and compliance-related considerations in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
3. Review guiding principles that may be relevant to assessing data sharing arrangements with outside parties.
Brian Bates, CPA, CHC, MAc
Chief Compliance Officer
UC Davis Medical Center
Associate General Counsel
Senior Networks Director
Anna Orlowski, JD
UC Davis Medical Center
Jill McCormack, MHSA, CHC
Chief Compliance and Privacy Officer
VCU Health System
CONTINUING LEGAL EDUCATION (through MCLE)
Formal approval pending.
By attending the Vizient Legal and Compliance Network Meeting 2021: Telehealth Considerations Beyond the COVID-19 Emergency offered by Vizient, Inc., participants may earn up to 1.50 ACHE Qualified Education Hours toward initial certification or recertification of the Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE) designation.
Vizient, Inc. will award CEUs to each participant who successfully completes this program. The CEU is a nationally recognized unit of measure for continuing education and training programs that meet certain criteria (1 contact hour = 0.1 CEU).
- 1.50 ACHE
- 1.50 General CE – Attendance
EVALUATION INSTRUCTIONS (REQUIRED):
• Under course progress, click on the evaluation titled 10/29/2021 – Evaluation - Vizient Legal and Compliance Network Meeting 2021 - Third-Party APIs Requesting Direct EMR Access - Network Roundtable: Data Governance
• You must click on “Submit” to save your answers. If you do not click on “Submit,” data will be lost for that evaluation
CREDIT INSTRUCTIONS (REQUIRED):
• Under course progress, choose “Credit” and select “Start”
• Claim your type of credit – ACHE (Healthcare Executive), and General CEU (NOTE: MCLE certificates will be issued separately)
• In the credits field, enter the amount of credit to claim.
• Click the box “I agree that I am only claiming credit commensurate with the extent of my participation in the activity”
• Review your credit amount and click submit
CERTIFICATE INSTRUCTIONS (OPTIONAL):
• Select the “Certificate” tab and choose “Start”
• Click on the link “download certificate”
• (NOTE: MCLE certificates will be issued separately)
• Click on My Account to view your transcript, view your courses or to edit your profile
• It is recommended that you bookmark your My Account link for easy access
If you have any other questions or need assistance completing the continuing education evaluations, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.