Training (RE) Day Two - Vizient Mid-Atlantic Joint Network Meeting of the Chief Financial Officer and Senior Operations Officers
The Vizient Mid-Atlantic region’s CFOs and SOOs (includes COOs and CEOs of smaller hospitals within a system) are from hospitals and health systems from across PA, NY, and NJ who convene periodically to address pressing issues and challenges, learn from subject matter experts, and each other to share successes. This event will address specific educational need around keeping pace with the changes that need to be made in todays, and the immediate future, health care environment from electronic communications between patients and providers through connected care, knowing the driving force behind the affordability crisis facing the middle class and providers, how the 304(b) Drug Discount program is changing and what to consider accordingly, recent and potential federal legislation that will affect how providers need to operate, and ways to find the right physician incentive compensation model given their organizations’ specific market, payers, specialties, etc.
Finance and Accounting
- Summarize recent legislation enacted
- Explain potential legislation under consideration and the effects they may cause to how hospitals and health stems provide care
- Outline what providers need to know regarding the 340(b) Drug Discount Program’s legislative scrutiny and compliance requirements
- Discuss the impact of readmissions on patients, physicians, and hospitals including financial implications
- Identify the top critical challenges facing hospital and health system financial and operating officers through member-to-member interaction including more efficient and effective approaches to drive improvement in operations, quality, safety, and financial areas
Relevant financial relationships: List info for any disclosures; remaining planning committee members or speakers have nothing to disclose.
Harry M Carr, BSBA, CPA
Brad Kaisersatt, BS
Harry M Carr, BSBA, CPA
Chelsea Arnone, BA and Executive Certificate
Regulatory Affairs and Government Relations
Harry Norsworthy, RPh
Robert Dean, DO, MBA
SVP Performance Management
Vizient, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
- This program is a group-live offering
- Level of learning for this program: Overview – Develops a broad perspective in a subject matter
- Day two of this course will grant 4.50 hours of CPE credit
- Field of Study – Business Management and Organization
- 4.50 General CE – Attendance
- 4.50 NASBA