Removing the fear: Becoming More Comfortable with Beta-Lactam Allergy De-labeling
During this presentation, we will be discussing opportunities to be involved with allergy de-labeling for many different types of pharmacists. We will discuss ways that pharmacists rounding with the team may be able to impact recommendations. However, we will also spend time discussing how staff pharmacists also have an opportunity to help with de-labeling.
- Discuss rates of true Beta-lactam allergy and the negative consequences of having a Beta-lactam allergy
- Evaluate documented Beta-lactam allergies and stratify allergies into risk categories
- Summarize Beta-lactam allergy de-labeling initiatives currently employed at Strong Memorial Hospital and Highland Hospital
- Apply knowledge of Beta-lactam allergy de-labeling to a patient case
- 1.00 ACPE Pharmacist
- 1.00 General CE – Attendance