Quality & Medical Executive Network Meeting - The Evolution of Quality & Medical Leaders in a Time of Turbulence
This unique in-person experience has been designed exclusively for clinical executives and will provide an opportunity for them to gather with their peers, share challenges, and discuss creative solutions to move their organizations forward with confidence and enthusiasm. The morning joint session (CMOs, CQOs, CNOs) is designed to focus on how to lead staff to focus on excellence in today’s healthcare environment. The afternoon sessions will address how to “Innovate Through the Thorns” with Medical/Quality leaders addressing issues around patient harm, and Nursing leaders focusing on capacity, patient experience and staff engagement. The Thursday sessions for Medical/Quality leaders will focus on the “Evolution of Leaders Through a Time of Turbulence” and the Nursing leaders will focus on Care Model Redesign.
- Healthcare Quality Professionals
- Other Healthcare Professionals
- Discuss leadership strategies used to empower and foster innovative thinking with workforce teams.
- Explore how leaders can enhance pandemic recovery efforts and focus on excellence through innovation and the human connection.
- Examine effective ways to collaborate across disciplines to reduce hospital acquired infections and improve patient safety.
- Learn effective tools needed to support and implement a solution-based workshop or Hackathon.
- Review successful processes for reducing length of stay, emergency department boarders, medication errors, and patient falls.
- Identify key practices used to implement and maintain a virtual care program.
- Compile strategies on building and sustaining a workforce for quality and safety.
Jodi Eisenberg, MHA CPHQ CPMSM
The education provided through this activity is for continuing education purposes only. The views and opinions expressed in this activity are those of the faculty/presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views of Vizient, Inc.
This activity is designated for 3.00 contacts hours.
Vizient, Inc. designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Healthcare Quality Professionals (CPHQ)
This activity is approved by NAHQ® for 3.00 CPHQ CE credits.
Other Healthcare Professionals (General CE Credit)
Vizient, Inc. will award a maximum of 3.00 contact hours to all other healthcare professionals who successfully complete the activity. These individuals will receive a Certificate of Participation.
Many state licensing boards and credentialing bodies accept certificates of participation from accredited CE activities to meet CE requirements for license renewals and re-certification. It is the responsibility of the participant to contact their state licensing board and/or certifying body for verification on credit eligibility reciprocity.
- 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 3.00 ANCC
- 3.00 CBRN
- 3.00 CPHQ – Certified Professional Healthcare Quality
- 3.00 General CE – Attendance