Productivity Metrics – Creating a Better Benchmarking Tool
August 31, 2022
This CE program will inform the audience of current work that is being completed with Vizient and our Member’s to improve the pharmacy benchmarking tool. This presentation describes the processes that are being incorporated to simplify and improve the pharmacy benchmarking key performance indicators and outcomes.
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Describe the current state of internal and external pharmacy benchmarking metrics and tools utilized to measure workforce performance.
- Discuss the challenges in pharmacy operations due to limited or inaccurate benchmarking data and the impact to business decisions.
- Define the foundational elements of a robust pharmacy benchmarking tool and the visual presentation of the data customized to Member’s preferences.
- Analyze pharmacy technician workforce role responsibilities to create core metrics that accurately measures performance.
Bruce Leavitt, PharmD, MBA
Julie Beckman, PharmD, MS
As an accredited provider of continuing education, Vizient, Inc. is dedicated to ensuring this activity presents learners with only accurate, balanced, scientifically justified recommendations, and is free from promotion, marketing, and commercial bias. In accordance with The Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, all planners, faculty, and others in control of the educational content have disclosed the absence or existence of all financial relationships (of any dollar amount) with ineligible companies within the past 24 months.
Ineligible companies – those companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
It is Vizient’s policy that owners and employees of ineligible companies, and any individuals who refuse to disclose the absence or existence of financial relationships with any ineligible companies are disqualified from participating as planners or faculty.
FDA Off-Label Use
Faculty presenters are also expected to disclose any discussion of (1) off-label or investigational uses of FDA approved commercial products or devices or (2) products or devices not yet approved in the United States.
Absence of Relevant Financial Relationships
None of the planners, faculty, or others in a position to control content for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
In support of improving patient care, Vizient, Inc. is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Pharmacists/ Pharmacy Technicians
Vizient, Inc. designates this activity for a maximum of for 1.00 contact hour(s) (0.1 CEUs) for all pharmacists and pharmacy technicians.
Universal Activity Number: UAN JA0006103-0000-22-065-L04-P
Universal Activity Number: UAN JA0006103-0000-22-065-L04-T
Upon closing of the online evaluation, Vizient will report your CE credits directly to CPE monitor within 60 days.
- After the course close date, Vizient will no longer be able to report credit(s) to CPE monitor.
- It is the responsibility of the pharmacist or pharmacy technician to ensure that your Vizient CE Learner Profile has the correct NABP e-profile ID and DOB (in MMDD format) to receive credit for participating in the activity.
- To track the status of the submission of your credits to NABP: please check the Reported Credit Tab in your Vizient CE account.
- To verify your credits were successfully submitted to NABP before the deadline: please check your NABP e-Profile account.
- For all other questions regarding your NABP e-Profile or CPE Monitor, please contact NABP directly.
- 1.00 ACPE Pharmacist
- 1.00 ACPE Pharmacy Technician