Before MS gets on your last nerve: a therapeutic update
Newark, DE US
April 8, 2022
The purposes of this activity are to discuss the epidemiology, pathophysiology, treatment guidelines for MS, and symptom management. Specifically highlighting the newer agents approved for management of MS and the safety and efficacy of these agents. This activity will focus on the reviewing the clinical trials and any head-to-head comparisons between agents as well as how patients can obtain these medications.
- Review epidemiology, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and types of MS
- Recognize medications and dosage form of FDA approved medications used in MS
- Describe current guideline recommendations for disease modifying therapy options for each type of MS
- Review the safety and efficacy data of each class of medication
- Explain where and how patients can obtain disease modifying therapies
ChristianaCare Health System
4755 Ogletown-Stanton Road
Newark, DE 19718
Joint Accreditation Statement:
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Vizient, Inc. and ChristianaCare Health System. Vizient, Inc. is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Vizient, Inc. designates this activity for a maximum of 1.00 ACPE credit hours.
Universal Activity Number: JA0006103-9999-22-133-L01-P
Universal Activity Number: JA0006103-9999-22-133-L01-T
- 1.00 ACPE Pharmacist
- 1.00 ACPE Pharmacy Technician