Captis Pharmacy Breakout – Maximize Your Financial Value
Saint Paul, MN US
May 3, 2022
We will have a faculty of subject matter experts in the key areas of practice with knowledge gaps:
- Consulting experience in maximizing reimbursement and revenue cycle management
- Establishing pharmacy services in the ambulatory, retail, and outpatient settings
- Adopting use of biosimilar medications, including stepwise strategic approaches for participants
- Establishing services related to drug pricing, own-use qualifications, GPO relationships, class of trade designations and eligibility, reimbursement, and 340b
Faculty will present information with a focus on how the attendees can use the information to implement within their own practices. The audience will be engaged in polling, question and answer sessions, and subject matter expert panels in order to further their knowledge and competence in these key areas.
- Pharmacy technicians
- Apply reimbursement basics that influence savings opportunities and explain medication reimbursement processes in the ambulatory/outpatient setting.
- Examine tactics to address informatics challenges, provider buy-in, and prior authorization of biosimilars.
- Describe feasible options for infliximab adoption and conversion from a pegfligrastim device to same day administration of biosimilars.
- Identify potential influences on the future of biosimilars: legislative, contracting, reimbursement and pass thru status
- Describe and identify drug pricing principles, Own-Use classifications, class of trade designations and eligibility
- Categorize and compare GPO partnership opportunities.
- Understand 340b and GPO pricing implications and perform a cost analysis for medications that have mixed use to determine maximum financial favorability.
St. Paul RiverCentre
175 West Kellogg Boulevard
Saint Paul, MN 55102
Andy Hart, PharmD
Eric Tichy, PharmD, MBA, BCPS
Adam Ewald, PharmD, MHA
Michelle Holm, PharmD, MPH
Steve Kennedy, PharmD, CSP
Rob Lucas, PharmD, MBA
James Semrad, PharmD, MBA
Mandy Slinde, PharmD
Justin VandenBerg, PharmD
In support of improving patient care, Vizient, Inc. is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Vizient, Inc. designates this activity for a maximum of 2.25 contact hour(s) for all pharmacists and pharmacy technicians.
Universal Activity Number: JA0006103-0000-22-007-L04-P
Universal Activity Number: JA0006103-0000-22-007-L04-T
- 2.25 ACPE Pharmacist
- 2.25 ACPE Pharmacy Technician