2021 - Accreditation Professional Orientation Certificate Program - Welcome Webinar – Establishing the foundation - On Demand
Accreditation professionals new to the role need to have the foundational understanding of the historical evolution of accreditation and certification including the sources of truth that provide for the regulations and accreditation standards and the roles of leaders and accreditation professionals in continuous accreditation and regulatory readiness
1. Define the historical evolution of accreditation and certification and its purpose and value
2. Explain how the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ (CMS) Conditions of Participation (COP) form the foundation of voluntary accreditation for various health care providers
3. Discuss the roles of leaders and accreditation professionals in continuous accreditation and regulatory readiness
4. Identify the sources of truth and strategies for staying current with regulations, standards, and survey processes
Relevant financial relationships: Planning committee members and presenters have nothing to disclose
Planning committee members/Presenters/Course Reviewer
Natalie Webb, MHA, RN, CPHQ
Vizient Approved Nurse Planner (Reviewer)
Diana Scott, MHA, RN, CPHQ
AVP, Accreditation Services
Joint Accreditation Statement:
In support of improving patient care, Vizient, Inc. is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
This activity is designated for 1.50 contact hours.
Vizient, Inc. is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP12580, for 1.80 contact hours.
Vizient, Inc. will award CEUs to each participant who successfully completes this program. The CEU is a nationally recognized unit of measure for continuing education and training programs that meet certain criteria (1 contact hour = 0.1 CEU).
- 1.50 ANCC
- 1.80 CBRN
- 1.50 General CEU – Attendance