What's New in the World of PrEP
This activity will address the need of closing a gap in PrEP knowledge for pharmacists. It will be give an overall review of PrEP use, including risk factors for patients who would be eligible for PrEP, laboratory monitoring, barriers to PrEP, and include a literature review about Truvada use in PrEP and the indication of Descovy for PrEP use.
- Outline the epidemiology of HIV and role of PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis) in the U.S.
- Identify patients that would be appropriate candidates for PrEP therapy
- Summarize current literature and new therapeutic agents for PrEP use
- Describe the implementation of PrEP into clinical practice
- 1.00 ACPE Pharmacist
- 1.00 General CEU – Attendance