What's new in the world of diabetes?
This CE activity will review current guidelines for the management of patients with diabetes and comorbidities such as renal and cardiovascular diseases. A detailed review of recently published literature that discusses newly approve diabetes medications as well as updates for previously approved medications. This CE will provide pharmacists in attendance with current information about diabetes medications and considerations for use safe and effective use in specific patient populations. After participating in this CE pharmacists should have a greater understanding of new trial data and how to apply the information into practice.
- Summarize 2019 guideline-based recommendations for patients with Type 2 diabetes and comorbidities associated with renal and cardiovascular disease
- Evaluate new clinical trial data supporting the approval of oral semaglutide to describe its role in therapy
- Analyze the cardiovascular benefit of dulaglutide based on new clinical trial data
- Interpret clinical data to support new indication for canagliflozin with renal disease benefits
- Design patient-specific medication regimens and monitoring plans for Type 2 diabetes patients with cardiovascular disease, renal disease, or a combination of both
- 1.00 ACPE Pharmacist
- 1.00 General CEU – Attendance