Supply Chain and Clinical Supply Chain Leadership Series - How to engage clinicians to improve clinical decision making
Supply chain executives & managers have an ongoing need for sharing best practices in their profession. Supply chain touches all aspects of the health care delivery system from clinical to operational to financial and is an increasingly strategic function within provider organizations. By understanding how others achieve success within these varied areas—through collaboration with professionals and leaders—learnings can spread more quickly, resulting in better patient care at lower costs.
Supply chain leaders and executives from sourcing and supply chain operations, clinical leaders of supply chain, value analysis leaders and professionals, nurses, and a variety of other health care and supply chain professionals
- Explain the value of benchmark data against cohorts of similar organizations as a key driver for targeting improvement activities for the healthcare supply chain
- Describe how price management, purchase management, transaction efficiency, purchase standardization, clinical integration and supplier diversity can each contribute to supply chain operational resilience
- Review knowledge and capabilities among leaders and staff responsible for the design, oversight, execution and continuous improvement of value analysis and the clinical integration of supply chain within provider-based organizations
- Discuss leading or emerging practices among supply chain leaders and staff contributing to organizational efforts to advance supply chain strategy, enhance operational efficiencies, reduce unfavorable variation and impact the cost of care
- Describe leadership skills, management practices and industry insights that enhance the clinical integration/alignment of supply chain and value analysis with the delivery of high-quality, cost effective care
Vizient, Inc. will award CEUs to each participant who successfully completes this program. The CEU is a nationally recognized unit of measure for continuing education and training programs that meet certain criteria (1 contact hour = 0.1 CEU).
- 0.75 General CEU – Attendance