Management of Obstetric Infections: Optimizing Antimicrobial Therapy
This activity will provide a detailed overview of the management of obstetric infections, including GBS, intra-amniotic infection and postpartum endometritis. Information will include epidemiology, general opportunities for improvement of antimicrobial management and how to optimize antimicrobial regimens. The use of patient cases will be emphasized in order to foster understanding of real-world management. After participating in this activity, pharmacists should have a better understanding of antimicrobial therapy in obstetric infections and the common scenarios which require intervention.
- Recognize the importance of antimicrobial stewardship in obstetric infection prevention and treatment
- Discus management of obstetric infection in patients with a penicillin allergy
- Review recommendations for Group B streptococcus screening, prophylaxis and preferred antibiotic regimens
- Summarize treatment of intra-amniotic infection and postpartum endometritis
- 1.00 ACPE Pharmacist
- 1.00 General CEU – Attendance