It’s Time to REACT: New Literature on Antiplatelet Agents and Anticoagulants for the Treatment and Prevention of Acute Coronary Syndrome
This presentation will present all of the head-to-head clinical trials conducted on antiplatelet agents in the setting of acute coronary syndrome. After presenting the ISAR-REACT trial, pharmacists will understand why prasugrel is the preferred agent in select populations based on the methods and outcomes of this trial. We will close the knowledge gap pertaining to anticoagulants in the setting of ACS and how to address triple therapy by discussing the current ACC/AHA guidelines as well as discuss the most recent literature published about discontinuing antiplatelet therapy in our patients who have stable ischemic heart disease. The presentation will include a discussion on the potential role of anticoagulants for the secondary prevention of acute coronary syndrome outside of patients with atrial fibrillation.
- List the current treatment options for the treatment of acute coronary syndrome
- Compare and contrast available antiplatelet agents for the acute treatment of acute coronary syndrome
- Define the role of triple therapy for patients with acute coronary syndrome
- Describe the role of direct oral anticoagulants for the secondary prevention of acute coronary syndrome
- 1.00 ACPE Pharmacy
- 1.00 General CEU – Attendance