CGRP Inhibitors: The New Wave of Acute Migraine Treatment
This presentation will help to close the gap in knowledge on the newly available oral CGRP inhibitors. During the presentation, the new current therapy recommendations will be presented along with the new medications and their corresponding studies. Furthermore, it will be discussed how these medications can be applied to clinical practice.
- Outline the epidemiology and pathophysiology of migraines
- Summarize the current guideline recommendations for acute migraine treatment
- Analyze current literature surrounding oral CGRP antagonists
- Identify patients that would be appropriate candidates for oral CGRP antagonists and apply this to current clinical practice
- 1.00 ACPE Pharmacist
- 1.00 General CEU – Attendance