Accreditation and Regulatory Bootcamp: All things TJC
This activity will provide the participants with a foundational understanding of the continuous readiness process from a regulatory / accreditation perspective. Participants will learn about the history of healthcare regulations / accreditation; regulatory / accreditation sources of truth; managing the continuous readiness process prior to, during and following an external survey visit. Each session will include perspective from those who have successfully addressed requirements and/or a resource to help the participant in their compliance strategy. There will be facets of this program that address knowledge, competence and performance.
- Describe foundational concepts of The Joint Commission (TJC)
- Summarize key components of The Joint Commission (TJC) chapter standards and elements of performance
- Describe foundational concepts of The Joint Commission Triennial Survey process
- Summarize The Joint Commission (TJC) Survey Activity Guide (SAG) required documentation
- Describe foundational concepts of The Joint Commission (TJC) process information
- Summarize key components of The Joint Commission (TJC) process information chapters
- Describe the process for The Joint Commission (TJC) application for Accreditation and Certification
- Summarize The Joint Commission (TJC) focused standards assessment (FSA) process
- Describe foundational concepts of Disease-Specific Certification for core and advanced programs
- Describe the process for Disease-Specific application for certification
- Identify key components of the Continuous Accreditation Compliance program
Joint Accreditation Statement:
In support of improving patient care, Vizient, Inc. is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
This activity is designated for 6.00 contact hours.
Vizient, Inc. will award CEUs to each participant who successfully completes this program. The CEU is a nationally recognized unit of measure for continuing education and training programs that meet certain criteria (1 contact hour = 0.1 CEU).
- 6.00 ANCC
- 6.00 General CEU – Attendance