Accreditation and Regulatory Bootcamp: All things CMS and All things State
This activity will provide the participants with a foundational understanding of the continuous readiness process from a regulatory / accreditation perspective. Participants will learn about the history of healthcare regulations / accreditation; regulatory / accreditation sources of truth; managing the continuous readiness process prior to, during and following an external survey visit. Each session will include perspective from those who have successfully addressed requirements and/or a resource to help the participant in their compliance strategy. There will be facets of this program that address knowledge, competence and performance.
- Describe foundational concepts of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) conditions of participation (CoPs)
- Describe how to develop Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) 2567 survey responses and action plans
- Describe foundational concepts of State regulations for the Licensure of hospitals
- Describe how to develop State agency 2567 survey response and action plans
- Describe foundational concepts for Behavioral Health State Regulations for the Licensure of Hospitals
- Describe how to develop Behavioral Health State Agency 2567 survey responses and action plans
- Identify key components of NFPA 99 (Health Care Facility Code)
- Identify key components of NFPA 101 (Life Safety Code)
Joint Accreditation Statement:
In support of improving patient care, Vizient, Inc. is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
This activity is designated for 3.00 contact hours.
Vizient, Inc. will award CEUs to each participant who successfully completes this program. The CEU is a nationally recognized unit of measure for continuing education and training programs that meet certain criteria (1 contact hour = 0.1 CEU).
- 3.00 ANCC
- 3.00 General CEU – Attendance