Thank you for your interest in planning an accredited Continuing Education activity with Vizient’s CE Program.
As an accredited provider of continuing education (CE) Vizient is dedicated to ensuring that all educational content serves the needs of patients and the public, is presented accurately, balanced, with scientifically justified recommendations, supports safe and effective patient care, and creates a clear, unbridgeable separation between accredited continuing education and marketing and sales.
To ensure your proposed CE activity meets all Joint Accreditation standards and policies, Vizient’s CE team must be integrally involved in the planning and implementation of the accredited CE activity.
If you need help planning a CE activity please email our CE team at email@example.com.
Timelines and Instructions
Part 1: Complete The Request for CE Credit
- This form must be completed prior to the start of the planning of your CE activity, as far in advance as possible, and before the planning of your activity begins.
Multi-Day Activities: Minimum 60 days before the activity start date.
Single-Day Activities: Minimum 45 days before the activity start date.
- Selecting the “Save Draft” button allows you to save the information and return to edit it at a later time without losing your progress.
- Please note that as part of the Request for CE, you must upload a completed Disclosure of Financial Relationships Form for all individuals involved in the planning of the CE activity. These forms must be completed, signed, dated, and collected from all planners prior to the start of the planning process.
- Upon submitting the Request for CE Credit, you will receive an automated email confirming receipt.
Upon submission of Request for CE Credit and Disclosure of Financial Relationships Form
- The CE team reviews Request for CE Credit, Disclosure forms and any supplementary documentation.
- The activity is assigned to a CE programs manager. The assigned CE programs manager emails the course director with project plan.
- The review of The Request for CE Credit will not begin until all forms including disclosure forms for course director(s) and planning committee members/staff have been submitted.
- The CE team determines whether a relevant financial relationship exists and if a mitigation strategy is required.
- The Course Director(s) and any coordinators listed on The Request for CE Credit will be contacted via email if additional information is needed, mitigation is required or regarding the decision to proceed with planning the CE activity.
Part 2: Complete the Continuing Education Planning Form
- If the proposed activity meets accreditation standards, the Course Director(s) and any coordinator listed on The Request for CE Credit will receive an email containing the link to the CE Planning Form.
- Planning forms and all required documents must be received a minimum of 30 days prior to the activity start date.
- The CE Planning Form requires comprehensive information about the CE activity. The following resources may be useful when planning a CE activity.